May 8-10, 2017 Facilitation Training
What strategies can you use to move groups from simple awareness to collaborative action?
WLI offered a three (3) day workshop on ADVANCE DIALOGUES. This workshop was an extension of the 90 minute Women’s Leadership Initiative workshop conducted in November 2016. The process was developed and implemented by the WVU ADVANCE Center.
During the interactive workshop, aspiring leaders and change agents:
- Learn theories that support inclusive communication and decision making processes,
- Practiced facilitation techniques, and
- Envision ways for applying these skills to unit meetings, research teams and other settings.
Specific facilitation skills include:
- Engaging colleagues in generating ideas,
- Identifying actionable priorities, and
- Fostering understanding, collegiality, trust, and inclusion.
Participants in the workshop committed to the following:
- Participate in the full three day workshop
- Be willing to apply the skills in their respective settings.
- Bring a sense of exploration and discovery to learn with colleagues
Dates: Monday, May 8 — Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Location: WVU Media Innovation Center