Designing and Measuring Change
- Beth Mitchneck, Jessi L. Smith, and Melissa Latimer. April 8 2016. “A Recipe for Change: Creating a More Inclusive Academy” Science 352(6282)”148-149.
- James G. Hougland. 2015. "Sociology as a Partial Influence on Evaluation Research." The American Sociologist 46(4): 467-479. Digital Object Identifier (DOI): 10.1007/s12108-015-9273-x.
- Canan Bilen-Green, Roger Green, Jenna Carpenter, Patrick O’Neal, Melissa Latimer, Kristen Jellison, Marci Levine, Karen Horton, and Stacy Doore. 2015. “Implementation of Advocates and Allies Programs to Support and Promote Gender Equity in Academia”. In Proceedings from the 2015 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition. Seattle Washington.
- Marjorie Darrah, James Hougland, and Barbara Prince. 2014. “Salary, Space, and Satisfaction: An Examination of Gender Differences in the Sciences”. Research in Higher Education Journal 23.
Dialogues Facilitation Process
- J. Kasi Jackson, Alex Meija, Rachel Stoiko, & Maja H. Holmes. “Dialogues Toward Gender Equity: Engaging Engineering Faculty to Promote Inclusive Department Climate” Published proceedings from the 2016 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, June 22-26, 2016. New Orleans. Dialogues_ Engaging Engineering _ ASEE
- Maja Holmes, Kasi Jackson, and Rachel Stoiko. 2015. “Departmental Dialogues: Facilitating Positive Academic Climates to Improve Equity” Innovative Higher Education. DOI 10.1007/s10755-016-9358-7
- Melissa Latimer, Kasi Jackson, Lisa Dilks, Jim Nolan, and Leslie Tower. 2014. “Organizational Change and Gender Equity in Academia: Using Dialogical Change to Promote Positive Departmental Climates” pp. 333-353 in Advances in Gender Research: Gender Transformation in the Academy, vol. 19, edited by Vasilikie Demos, Catherine White Berheide, and Marcia Texler Segal, Emerald Group Publishing.
- Jim Nolan, Kasi Jackson, Melissa Latimer, Awilda Borres, and Leslie Tower. 2012. “A Dialogical Change Process for Strategic Planning to Diversify Academic Departments” published in proceedings of the 23rd Annual National Conference of Women in Engineering ProActive network (WEPAN) June 25-27, Columbus Ohio http://ocs.sfu.ca/wepan/index.php/wepan2012/wepan2012/paper/view/331.
- Lisa DeFrank-Cole, Melissa Latimer, Presha E. Neidermeyer, and Michele G. Wheatly. "Understanding "Why" One University's Women's Leadership Development Strategies are So Effective" Advancing Women in Leadership Journal 36:26-35.
- Lisa Defrank-Cole, Melissa Latimer, Maryanne Reed, and Michele Wheatly. 2014. “The Women’s Leadership Initiative: One University’s Attempt to Empower Females on Campus” Journal of Leadership Accountability and Ethics 11(1):50-64.
- Melissa Latimer, Kasi Jackson, and Katie Stores. 2012. “ADVANCing Women and STEM Faculty Members through Strategic Career Planning” published in proceedings of the 23rd Annual National Conference of Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN) June 25-27, 2012 in Columbus Ohio http://ocs.sfu.ca/wepan/index.php/wepan2012/wepan2012/paper/view/332
- Mushtaq Abdal Rahem and Marjorie Darrah. 2016. “A Geometric Approach for Computing a Measure of Consensus for Groups”. International Mathematical Forum 11(20):961-973.
- Yoshio Akiyama, James Nolan, Marjorie Darrah, Mushtaq Abdal Rahem, and Lie Wang. 2016. “A Method for Measuring Consensus Within Groups: An Index of Disagreement Via Conditional Probability” Information Sciences 345:116-128.
Promotion and Tenure
- J. Kasi Jackson, Melissa Latimer, and Rachel Stoiko. “The Dynamic between Knowledge Production and Faculty Evaluation: Perceptions of the Promotion and Tenure Process across Disciplines”Innovative Higher Education 'Online First': http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10755-016-9378-3
- Melissa Latimer, Kasi Jackson, and Katie Stores. 2012. “ADVANCing Women and STEM Faculty Members through Strategic Career Planning” published in proceedings of the 23rd Annual National Conference of Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN) June 25-27, 2012 in Columbus Ohio http://ocs.sfu.ca/wepan/index.php/wepan2012/wepan2012/paper/view/332.
- J.Kasi Jackson, Lindsay Jouben and Marjorie Darrah. " Encouraging Sponsorship to Build Faculty Members' Developmental Networks" published in proceedings of University of New Mexico 9th Annual Mentoring Conference, Albuquerque, NM, October 225-28, 2016. Jackson et al Mentoring Conference Proceedings 2016
- Edgar Fuller, Jessica Deshler, and Marjorie Darrah. 2016. “Effects of an External Mentoring Program in a Department of Mathematics” forthcoming in Journal of Gender, Science and Technology.
- Edgar Fuller, Jessica Deshler and Marjorie Darrah. 2014. “Mentoring Women Faculty in STEM Academic Departments. In Proceedings of University of New Mexico Annual Mentoring Conference, Albuquerque, NM, October 21-24.
- Leslie E. Tower and Lisa Dilks. “ADVANCE-ing WORK/LIFE Policies in Higher Education” Summer 2016 AWIS Magazine 2(48):24-27.
- Leslie Tower and Melissa Latimer. 2015. “Cumulative Disadvantage: Effects of Early Career Childcare Issues on Faculty Research Travel” Affilia. Published online before print January 12, 2016, doi:10.1177/0886109915622527
- Leslie E. Tower, Anna Faul, Johnnie Hamilton-Mason, Wanda Lott Collins, and Priscilla Gibson. 2015. “Work-Life Fit: The Intersection of Developmental Life Cycle and Academic Life Cycle”. AFFILIA: Journal of Women and Social Work, 30(4), 519-532. doi: 10.1177/0886109914555217
- Leslie E. Tower, and Lisa Dilks. 2015. “Work-life Polices in Higher Education: An Analysis of ADVANCE Universities”. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education.http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0039372.
- Leslie E. Tower. 2015. “Changing Work-life Policy in Institutions of Higher Education”. Family-Friendly Policies and Practices In Academe. One. Catherine R. Solomon and Erin Anderson. Lexington Books.