Becoming an Academic Change Agent
- Bernstein, M., Anderson, A. & Nolan J.J. (in press). Pedagogy of transformation: Empowering, connecting, and galvanizing change agents and white supremacy resistors at a rural, predominantly white institution of higher education. In Book Series: Equity in Higher Education Theory, Policy, & Praxis (Vol. 14) V. Stead (Ed.) Toward Abolishing White Supremacy in Higher Education. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Anderson, A. O. (2021). Developing academic change agents. In K. Guthrie, C. Beatty (Eds.), Operationalizing the culturally-relevant leadership learning model (pp. 156-158). Information Age Publishing.
- Anderson, A. O. (2017). Men faculty engagement in gender equity work in STEM: The radicalization of "doing the right thing.” Graduate Theses, Dissertations, and Problem Reports. https://doi.org/10.33915/etd.5103
Designing and Measuring Change
- Mitchneck, B., Smith, J. L., & Latimer, M. (2016). A recipe for change: Creating a more inclusive academy. Science, 352(6282), 148-149. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aad8493
- Hougland, J. G. (2015). Sociology as a partial influence on evaluation research. The American Sociologist, 46(4), 467-479. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12108-015-9273-x
- Bilen-Green, C., Carpenter, J. P., Doore, S., Green, R. A., Horton, K. J., Jellison, K. L., ... & O'Neal, D. P. (2015, June). Implementation of advocates and allies programs to support and promote gender equity in academia. In 2015 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition (pp. 26-905). https://doi.org/10.18260/p.24242
- Darrah, M., Hougland, J., & Prince, B. (2014). Salary, space, and satisfaction: An examination of gender differences in the sciences. Research in Higher Education Journal, 23. https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ1064109
Dialogues Facilitation Process
- Jackson, J. K., Mejia, J. A., Holmes, M. H., & Stoiko, R. R. (2016, June). Dialogues Toward Gender Equity: Engaging Engineering Faculty to Promote an Inclusive Department Climate. In 2016 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. https://doi.org/10.18260/p.26835
- Holmes, M. H., Jackson, J. K., & Stoiko, R. (2016). Departmental dialogues: Facilitating positive academic climates to improve equity in STEM disciplines. Innovative Higher Education, 41(5), 381-394. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10755-016-9358-7
- Latimer, M., Jackson, K., Dilks, L., Nolan, J., & Tower, L. (2014). Organizational change and gender equity in academia: Using dialogical change to promote positive departmental climates. In Gender transformation in the academy. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. https://doi.org/10.1108/s1529-212620140000019015
- Nolan, J., Jackson, J. K., Latimer, M., Tower, L., & Borres, A. (2012, July). A dialogical change process for strategic planning to diversify academic departments. In Getting to the Heart of it All: Connecting Gender Research, WIE Programs, Faculty, & Corporate Partners. https://doi.org/10.1108/S1529-212620140000019015
- Anderson, A. O., Soccorsi, A., Luzynski, C. & DeFrank-Cole, L. M. (2020). Concealed gun-carry on campus: Critical perspectives on leadership-followership, resistance, and the implications of gender. In SAGE Business Cases. 2020. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781529727487
- DeFrank-Cole, L., Latimer, M., Neidermeyer, P., & Wheatly, M. (2016). Understanding" Why" one university's women's leadership development strategies are so effective. Advancing Women in Leadership Journal, 36, 26-35. https://doi.org/10.21423/awlj-v36.a18
- DeFrank-Cole, L., Latimer, M., Reed, M., & Wheatly, M. (2014). The Women's Leadership Initiative: One university's attempt to empower females on campus. Journal of Leadership, Accountability & Ethics, 11(1), 50-63. https://wvu.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://www.proquest.com/scholarly-journals/womens-leadership-initiative-one-universitys/docview/1535387625/se-2?accountid=2837
- Akiyama, Y., Nolan, J., Darrah, M., Rahem, M. A., & Wang, L. (2016). A method for measuring consensus within groups: An index of disagreement via conditional probability. Information Sciences, 345, 116-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2016.01.052
- Rahem, M. A., & Darrah, M. (2016). A geometric approach for computing a measure of consensus for groups. In International Mathematical Forum, Vol. 11, No. 20, pp. 961-973). http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/imf.2016.68115
Promotion and Tenure
- Jackson, J. K., Latimer, M., & Stoiko, R. (2017). The dynamic between knowledge production and faculty evaluation: Perceptions of the promotion and tenure process across disciplines. Innovative Higher Education, 42(3), 193-205. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10755-016-9378-3
- Latimer, M, Jackson, J. K., & Stores, K. (2012, June 25-27). ADVANCing women and STEM faculty members through strategic career planning. 23rd Annual National Conference of Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN), Columbus, OH, United States. https://www.wepan.org/mpage/Proceedings2012
- Jackson, J. K., Jouben, L., & Darrah, M. (2016, October 24-28). Encouraging sponsorship to build faculty members' developmental networks. 9th Annual University of New Mexico Mentoring Conference, Albuquerque, NM, Unites States.
- Fuller, E., Deshler, J. & Darrah, M. (2016). Effects of an external mentoring program in a department of mathematics. International Journal of Gender, Science and Technology, 8(2), 300-309. https://discovery-ebsco-com.wvu.idm.oclc.org/c/y2m5o4/viewer/pdf/pua6ghw4wn
- Fuller, E., Deshler, J. & Darrah, M. (2014, October 21-24). Mentoring women faculty in STEM academic departments. 7th Annual University of New Mexico Mentoring Conference, Albuquerque, NM, Unites States.
- Tower, L. (2021). Caregiving and Conferencing: Supporting Faculty Participation in Conference Travel. ADVANCE Journal, 2(1). https://doi.org/10.5399/osu/ADVJRNL.2.1.2
- Tower, L. E. & Dilks, L. (2016). ADVANCE-ing work/life policies in Higher Education. AWIS Magazine 2(48), 24-27. https://magazine.awis.org/summer-2016?m=46591&i=445856&p=24&ver=html5
- Tower, L. E. (2016). Changing work-life policy in institutions of higher education. In Family-Friendly Policies and Practices in Academe, 43, 115-135. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0730888415622253
- Tower, L. E., & Latimer, M. (2016). Cumulative Disadvantage: Effects of Early Career Childcare Issues on Faculty Research Travel. Affilia, 31(3), 317–330. https://doi.org/10.117Tow7/0886109915622527
- Tower, L. E., Faul, A., Hamilton-Mason, J., Collins, W. L., & Gibson, P. (2015). Work/life fit: The intersection of developmental life cycle and academic life cycle. Affilia, 30(4), 519-532. https://doi.org/10.1177/0886109914555217
- Tower, L. E., & Dilks, L. M. (2015). Work/life satisfaction policy in ADVANCE universities: Assessing levels of flexibility. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 8(3), 157–174. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0039372